Sunday, August 16, 2009

the chair


Since my first time eating at Cafe Rio I have always loved the tables and chairs they have there. I have always talked about how I wanted to make a chair like theirs but I never followed through. This summer I decided to go for it. I am moving and redecorating my room so I thought that now was the perfect time. My new room is going to be Black and White with Lime/acid Green. So I decided to make a green chair. \ I have never done anything like this and although it was a long process I am so happy with the way my chair turned out.

I started out with a $5 DI chair. I thought the chair was sweet to start out with. The shape of the chair has so much character.


The first step was a primer spray paint. I tried to give it a nice even coat around the entire chair.


Next step was the Base color. I had to do a couple coats of this green to make sure the chair was completely covered.

Final step is where I had the most fun. I just started apply my top coat randomly I used a crackle medium on some areas. I splattered some areas, wiped away some of the paint, sanded areas, dripped paint on other areas. I just went crazy to get the look I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment